07 April 2009

Spring Fever

Spring is finally here. After all these grey cold days we've had a clear blue sky and sunshine almost 7 days in a row. The thermometer even hit the 30 degree mark today. Okay, it was plain sunshine on our balcony but who cares? People have been waiting for this for too long, spending as much time as possible outside.

It's time for a smoothie.

I actually got addicted to smoothies during my time in Australia. It's just perfect on a warm summer's day. And when I close my eyes I can still feel the Australian sun shining on my face.



Blueberry-banana-smoothie

1 cup plain yoghurt (I use low-fat)
1 banana
1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/4 cup orange juice (Apple juice works beautifully. I just can't have it any more because of my sorbitol intolerance.)

If you use fresh berries add a couple of ice cubes. Put all ingredients in a blender and pulse for about one minute. Fill into glasses and enjoy immediately! Serves two.

No comments: